Friday, November 27, 2009

Just one per customer

Giant televisions.
Cameras.
Global positioning systems.
Computers.
Jewelry.
Pots and pans.
Breadmakers and panini sandwich machines.
Sweaters.
Cappuccino makers.
X-Boxes (and their kin).
And so on...
And so on...

These were all available at ridiculously low prices at 5 a.m. this morning at a giant store near you, according to the giant stack of advertisements in the newspaper I bought for the express purpose looking at all the ads to see if I should get up very early on this, the blackest of all Fridays.

But with no great deal on a ventriloquist dummy to be found, sleeping in sounds just fine.
***
Not even a puppet.  A stack of ads an inch tall this year, and not even a puppet? Where are the priorities in this world? Where is this "change you can believe in" I've heard so much about? 

I know, I know... First, fix healthcare, and then...

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails