Friday, November 20, 2009

Facing the music

Lately, I have posted ideas about a few celebrities vis-a-vis their merits as a face for a ventriloquist dummy.

I do want to apologize to any and all of them if someone feels this is a slight. Please be assured that it is, at it's worst, a clinical observation.  At its most best, it is, in my mind, the grandest of compliments.

As I write this blog, I do need to be more considerate about people's feelings.  Feelings do get hurt in ways that last long time.

As it stands today, I hate to think that if and when I meet Julia Roberts (nominated November 12 on the post The egg came first), there might be an elephant in the room.

"Hi, I'm Dan Bushman, and I am thrilled to meet you," I'd say, extending my hand (and secretly dreaming of getting one of those not-so-personal hollywood hugs from her).

"Dan Bushman? The Budding Ventriloquist, right?" She'd reply.

And before I could finish my smiling nod, she'd say, "I am NOT speaking to you."

Ouch. But, I guess it's deserved.
***
For the record, I did say she would make not just a pretty dummy, but a very pretty dummy. If that kind of truth hurts, then rip me to shreds, Julia.
***
Yesterday's post, regarding my "sexiest man list" goal, is being used by some as evidence of some kind of mental instability. I assure you, it is not. Why is it that every time I earnestly set a professional goal, it's treated like a parade to be rained on?

Nabobs.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails