Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Carpe Ventum

With my company's IT guy installing Windows 7 on my work computer, I am killing time.  It is these moments that make me realize how computer-centric my job is.

And chair-centric.  He has taken both hostage.

I've made the rounds for chit-chat with my work cohorts and, after giving them the best spontaneous comedy I had and getting kind and well-meaning chortles and gafaws in return, I've been dismissed by each of them in favor of them doing actual "company work."

So I am wondering aimlessly.

I should have anticipated the time this computer thing would take and brought my dummy or monkey puppet with me. Being able to seize valuable practice time is something that I need to be prepared to do if I am to get better.

And I bet the IT dude would work faster if I and my monkey were both on his case. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Just wait until Windows 8. I'll show him.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails