Tuesday, February 16, 2010

***Bonus Poland Coverage***

Dzień dobry! Jak się masz!

Just like with the athletes, the Budding Ventriloquist Winter Olympic Coverage(TM) brings people together.  After my salute to the winter olympic athletes and ventriloquists from Poland, and thanks to Wojciech Glancj, I have many Polish friends join me at the big dance that is Budding Ventriloquist Winter Olympic Coverage(TM). 

I haven't been seen so many Poles meeting in one place since my high school graduation ceremony!

Thank you, Wojie!  Watching the count from Poland rise all day was a delight.

And my way of saying thanks is to present another clip of Wojciech performing on Polish television. While you can't tell what the jokes are unless you speak the language, the sound of laughter is universal. And unless he's mispronouncing verything, his technique is wonderful.



***
And, I'm seizing this opportunity to loosely justify posting "The Czarnina Kid" by Mad Man Michaels.  Like "Michaels Market", it's a salute to the Polish South Side of Milwaukee.  The phrases "down by Mitchell Street where the streetcar bends the corner around" and "play drop the Kieska on Lincoln Avenue" are so musical to an old school Southsider.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails