Friday, February 5, 2010

The big challenge

Izreči dobrodošlico , svoj slovenski prijateljstvo , v učenje oseba zimski olimpijski kritje.

Welcome, my Slovenian friends, to the Budding Ventriloquist Winter Olympic Coverage.
Slovenia has presented me with a huge challenge for coverage.

They appear to have two winter Olympic athletes with some chance to medal - Petra Majdic and Tina Maze. Petra is a sprint skier who has a simple strategy - go full speed! Tina's a downhill skier and used her success to get her father to quit smoking. Smokers probably think dad didn't have a whole lot of faith in her if he took that bet. 

Good for you, Tina - Dad's got a great reason to thank you. Don't let him bet to start up again.
On the ventriloquism front, however, I am absolutely shut out. These two athletes certainly don't belong on the V-Face list, there's no Slovenian ventriloquism info on the web at all, and I can't just make something up out of thin air. I am a serious journalist.

**** THE BOLD CHALLENGE ****
I read great things about Slovenian history, the people, and their athletes.  I have hope for prosperity in their future.  Therefore,  I will make this challenge to their athletes:
If Slovenia takes a medal in the 2010 Winter Games, I will do everything in my power to travel to Slovenia and give them a ventriloquism show.
Oh, dear. What did I just do? I'm flat broke. I don't know how to speak a word of Slovenian. Come to think of it, I don't really know how to do ventriloquism.

But for all these barriers, and having made a commitment that frightens even me... GO PETRA! GO TINA!

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails