Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Dough a dear

Leonardo Da Vinci (Italian for "The Vinci") was the definition of a Renaissance Man. He's a Renaissance Man's Renaissance Man if there ever was a Renaissance Man's Renaissance Man.*

A word that sometimes describes his masterpiece, The Mona Lisa, is that her smile is melancholy.**

So a Budding Renaissance Man (BRM) needs to be able to recognize and create images that evoke melancholy. Accordingly, I submit this:


I am calling it Too Late.

Now, what I am calling all the people who gobbled up all the birthday doughnuts*** at work without thinking I was tied up all day so they should probably save me one is ...

Oh never mind. A BRM needs to be forgiving. I guess.

###


* Yes, I did win a bet that I could use Renaissance Man 4 times in one sentence. The wager was pride. Though I'm craving a juicy peach. I should have bet for that.

** melancholya feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause.

*** doughnut - is how it is spelled.  The day donut became an acceptable spelling of doughnut  was the day it became inevitable America would elect Donald Trump.  The writing (or should I say "riting" because who needs all the letters?) was on the wall. And the Mister Donut sign.



Yes. This is an issue with me. You haven't heard the last of this.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails