Monday, November 4, 2013

Budding Comedian?




http://youtu.be/BHq0HNgJKgI

My friends:

I am nothing if not fearless.

Well, I'm also shameless.

Fearless and Shameless are my middle names. Really. Yes, I'm like one of the Royals. Lots of middle names.

Daniel Fearless Shameless Eugene Bushman

Got a ring to it, ain'a(*)?

I recently took a stand-up comedy class, and this video is from the "recital." If it had been a piano recital. I was that kid who was a bit past Chopsticks but certainly not ready to play Chopin.

Everybody needs to start somewhere. I hope you get a laugh or two from this starting point of a "Budding Comedian."

I'm figuring it out.

###
Footnotes:

* AIN'A - a South Side Milwaukee contraction.
Isn't it = ain't it = ain'a, as in "That's down by Mitchell Street, ain'a?"
or
Didn't it = don't it ain'a, as in "Sounds good, ain'a?"

Except when...
Don't you = don't ya = ain'a, as in  "You drive a Chevy, ain'a?"
or
Didn't you = didn't ya = ain'a, as in "You went to Pulaski (High), ain'a?"
or...?

Conjugating the derivative meanings of ain'a really deserves an entire post sometime. And no, I'm not making this up.

###

For kicks, below is the very first Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus from September 11, 2010. That was a humble beginning, too. (I have gotten better, right? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.)

Yep.  Everybody needed to start somewhere.

http://youtu.be/SWJaHCM8M8o


No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails