Saturday, December 1, 2012

Gridiron Gurus'12: Week 13


This is kind'a an encore presentation. Sort of. I'll explain later.

###

Yes, bad things happen when that ugly number 13 comes around...

It all started off with great promise - George and I at the Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus studio.  We were rehearsing with the show's newest technical marvel for explaining the Xs and Os of football, The Guru-strator...


But, after I diagrammed a play that Aaron Rodgers would use to flummox the Vikings, George got a bit argumentative...

And no matter what I said, he just wouldn't let it go that he thought he knew that Packers better than me...


I was ready to just 'Let George be George' until he said, "Hey, did you know you could write words with this 'strator' thing?"...


I should have been more adult, but hey - he's older than me! So of course I showed him that I, too, could use the Guru-strator not for good, but for evil...


"Old fart, huh!" George bellowed, and a melee ensued...


The actual video of this event (especially the sound track) is not the wholesome family fare that you, my skein* of regular readers and viewers, expect from the professionals here at Budding Ventriloquist.

So please accept these picks for week 13 as a good old-fashioned text post:

Packers over Vikings
Bills over Jaguars
Seahawks over Bears
Colts over Lions
Panthers over Chiefs
Patriots over Dolphins
Cardinals over Jets
Niners over Rams
Texans over Titans
Broncos over Bucs
Ravens over Steelers
Raiders over Browns
Bengals over Chargers
Cowboys over Eagles
Redskins over Giants

(I had Falcons over Saints. Really we did.).

### 

This week in non-Guru life was as hard as being a brown suit in a room full of tuxedos**. So, a brand new episode was not going to meet the high quality production standards that has always defined Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus.  This encore presentation was, ironically, from week 13 of 2010. Loyal fans can feel cool knowing this was from the magical, experimental Season One.

###

*A skein is a group of geese in flight.
** That was a George Gobel line. I should do a post on the Tonight Show episode when he said it. It was and is quite an entertainment time capsule.

###

And while we are in the holiday shopping season (and rerunning things)...

http://youtu.be/EfTflKnL-CQ

And let me know if you really want one!


No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails