Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 11 Recap: Wake-up call week?



What the heck?

In the cliche world of big time pro football prognostication, it's time to get this chestnut out of the bag:

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
With a record of 105-55, Dan and George are back in into the back a bit on the ESPN big board. I'm not sure what a Wickersham* is or how he got to be a game ahead of me, but with a little research and help from Merriam and his designated driver, Webster,  I can deduce that:

Wicker = a small pliant twig or branch
Sham = a trick that deludes : hoax

So, before you latch onto this Wickersham as your favorite source of football prognostication, ask yourself where at a critical moment in picking games, are you going to follow a bogus bendable stick?

I rest my case.

And, by the way, you don't get logic like that on cable, do you?



And, a tip of the hat to Butkus, who appears to finally be awake and alert... and tie with me.

Um... Ditka, too.


###

* With a name like Bushman, I really shouldn't resort to making fun of someone's name.  I still get postcards  with the image of Bushman the Gorilla from the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, who is now stuffed and on display at the Museum of Science and Industry.  It really is ungentlemanly of me. It was rude and disrespectful.

So, my apologies to whoever this Wickersham is.




No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails