Thursday, June 2, 2011

Meet you at Season Three

Season One: Budding Ventriloquist tells stories and has fun writing silly stuff in its inaugural season.
Season Two: Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus ushers in actual live ventriloquism as the adventure continues.
Season Three Budding Ventriloquist ski jumps over a shark tank while wearing an iconic leather biker jacket...

NO!

Not going to happen!

Not to my blog it's not!

The entire creative staff of Budding Ventriloquist is going to take the rest of this summer... not "off," but incredibly "on."  The staff is going to roll up its sleeves, get out the sharpies and the flip charts and the white boards and the markers (the ones that are fruit-scented, no less!) and get "on" task to come up with the next incarnation of this blog.

There's no jumping the shark* with this blog. No sir'ee. Nada. Nix. Negits. Nope.

So, to the exaltation** of regular readers and viewers***....



***
No worries. BV will return, bigger than ever.  After about 22 months, it's time to regroup.
***
* "Jumping the Shark" refers to an episode of Happy Days where Fonzie saves the day by, well, jumping over a shark.  The episode was a milestone in the show that signaled a downhill slide in the show's creative quality because the story had run its course.  I was thinking of making a Joanie Loves Chachi reference, too.

Same diff.

** An Exaltation is a group of Larks. The birds, not the cigarettes.

*** I am still amazed that I have "viewers."  How can I not keep doing this when it allows me to say, "my viewers..."  It's still just such a wow.
***
Dear friends, I really appreciate you reading this and the rest of my posts.  Humorist and cartoonist Kin Hubbard once said:
"The only way to entertain some folks is to listen to them."
Thanks for entertaining me.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails