Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh, up your Victor-ola!

Fresh off the snub by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences at the Oscar nominations, now there's this.
***
I watched the whole darn program.  I watched Lady Gaga come out of an egg.  I watched Justin Bieber make hip-hop look cute.  I watched Bob Dylan enyoy being Bob Dylan. 

I watched The Claymaker, Clay Matthews of the World Champion Green Bay Packers (yeaAAAAA!!!), say a few words because he's damn cool for a football player.  I saw M&M (at last that's what they said his name was) imitate the moves of his physical therapist, Dr. Dre.

I watched when a woman sing about where her favorite dog was buried (honest to God!).  I watched Mick Jagger give a lesson in knowing how it's done. I watched Mick Jagger give me a lesson in the benefits of staying thin. I watched and realized I have been listening to Barbra Streisand all my life, and I haven't gotten tired of it.

I watched and realized that Rihanna the singer has nothing to do with Rhiannon, the Welsh witch the Fleetwood Mac sang about in 1978.

And I kept thinking, they still save the big awards for last.

But in the end, more disappointment knocked on my door.

So where was Grammy for Best Ventriloquist Recording? Best New Ventriloquist?

I did write them. I asked them to consider Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus as a 20-track Album of the Year. I asked them to consider Week 8: The Blair Guru Project for some individual special consideration. And, I specifically asked them to just consider the audio of George and I singing Sleigh Ride and Auld Lang Syne.

Unlike last year when I bemoaned the Grammy snub, this year I did produce a body of work worthy of note, did I not?

I usually don't get this way, but I just want to say to them (whoever or whomever "them" are):

Snobs!

***
The real answer to this issue is Budding Ventriloquist: The Podcast. Tha'da-ed teach'em.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They can thrive best in an area where Apple
has been asleep at the wheel, and with facilities that
are compatible or related to your ability to think before
you react. Music Open the music app and you have the resources I need?
This question is asked by many thousands of people who use them.


My website :: fleshlight

Anonymous said...

On the one hand, we are creating one of the fleshlight most captivating ones have
been enumerated. That is why it is so hard to get a better ranking.
Men love to have the work done through main dealerships.
Weave in loose ends after each corn section is finished, you will
continue to have full and free access to our news, information, opinion, and the women love using this toy on men as well.

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails