Sunday, February 20, 2011

By a hair...

Budding Ventriloquist coverage of the 2011 Oscars continues with...

Best Supporting Actor Nominee with a Face that Belongs on a Ventriloquist Dummy

or, more simply:

Best  Actor With a Supporting V Face

And the nominees are, from the youthful guys with hair group:


  • John Hawkes from Winter's Bone.  Great potential. Don't know of a dummy with immature facial hair on the current scene.
  • Mark Ruffalo from The Kids are Alright. Absolutely refuse to consider a face out of my high school years. Doesn't he look like the guy all the girls said "Oh he's so cute, I want to play with his hair"? (Did I just hear a gagging noise? Or was that me making a gagging noise?)
  • Christian Bale from the Fighter. I could have been that handsome if I'da tried. Yea, I could'a.

And from the actual talent that doesn't rely so much on hair group:



  • Jeremy Renner from The Town.  This Hurt Locker star has a seriously intense look. Is the world ready for a dummy with an intense look?
  • Geoffrey Rush from The King's Speech.  Animated face. Has worked with monkeys.

***
The winner will be will be announced on Oscar night on the Budding Ventriloquist simulcast. Or should that be simulblogging?

Or is it simulpost?  I like that one. I think adding that to the lexicon for the Net is worthy of consideration.  Right after webwaves.

Can you trademark a word?
***
It isn't really my male-pattern balding that makes me so obsessed with the "hair/acting success correlation."

Well, yes it is. I guess it's kind of a stupid and petty way to break down the nominees. I won't approach the other categories that way. At least not the actress categories.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails