Friday, December 17, 2010

Village people, but no YMCA. What gives?

On the fourth day of Ventriloquist Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Four face expressions

Three corny hats
Two moving eyebrows
And a brand new Ven-tril-o-quist Dummy

***
I have to admit for a period of several years I was hooked on Department 56 Village stuff.  You know, the very detailed miniature buildings and people that you make these marvelous, festive Christmas scenes with.  

We have collections of the North Pole and of the Dickens villages.  It has been so much fun to set them up and create little vignettes. It is fond memories.  I always liked to figure out how the elves were interacting.  Which ones liked each other, their petty quabbles, etc.  It can be all so real.

So I'm not sure why I just don't have interest in doing it this year, except neither village had a Ye Olde Ventriloquist Shoppe or a Dummy Making Elf or anything close. And to my knowledge, none of the other village series had something like that either.

Maybe they were holding back because they're planning a whole Ventriloquist Village ... how grand that would be!

Maybe?

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails