Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh, very punny


To get on record for the Thursday night Houston Texans/Philadelphia Eagles game, this prognosticator from Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus asks you to:
  1. Remember the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn, a rooster with a boastful, southern accent;
  2. Imagine me practicing Foghorn's voice, and perhaps using George, or Max LeMonk, my monkey puppet (remember him?); and
  3. And indulge me in making this pick in the form of what my brothers and I called a "state joke".  This is a pun played out in a story where the punchline is a state name, such as "Misses Hippie."This time it will make use of a city name, but you get the idea. (You're already groaning, aren't you?) 
So, it would go like this:
 
The other day a woman was walking down the street with a name-brand laptop
and she was very sad.
I asked her what was wrong, and she said,
"I have this nice laptop, it's empty. There isn't any programs on it"
I knew I could help her,
so I pulled out my thumb drive
and offered her a copy of my programs.  I said,
"It's all right, little lady.  I'll Fill-a-Dell-fa-ya"


No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails