Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can't Bear it

It's because in my heart of hearts, I'm a print journalist. Really. Written posts on a blog are really the "new print", right?

I mean, in this show everybody everything and never mind making them read anything anymore world, there still has to be some place where some good writing still captures a reader's imagination. There needs to be a place where it doesn't always have to "look just like TV" to get and hold the audience's attention.

Sure, I know what you're thinking: This blog is about ventriloquism, and ventriloquism is a performing art, a visual spectacle. So what the H-E-double toothpicks is he prattling about?

I'm prattling a search for a more profound rationalization that for the Chicago Bears at Miami Dolphins game, the fearless prognosticators of Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus are announcing via basic blog post that they pick...

The Miami Dolphins at home.

No video. Not even a short one. It didn't really have anything to do with being a print journalist. I just ran out of time.

I know.  You're bummed. Sorry.
***
Over on the side of the screen where I write these posts, there's a search engine for Amazon.com that taps into keywords in my post. For instance, right now it looks like this:



Really and truly, it made itself look like this. I didn't type in anything.

So just study this and think about it.  You can link over to George W. Bush's epic tell-all (well, tell-some), or you can search Amazon.com (the world's largest online seller of stuff) for Budding Ventriloquist Presents merchandise.

Your call.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails