Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gridiron Gurus - Week 5

Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus goes on location this week to bring you the best ventriloquist football prognoistication on the webwaves*.  And I want to tell you, it was a real adventure dealing with the elements**.

On the serious topic of picking the winning teams, I have taken to describing the quality of my picks as:
"Half or more does mean mostly correct, which I am. Mostly."
George continues to insist that he can not be held responsible for the quality of the picks.  Yet, when you watch the video, he seems to be the expert.  You decide - is it him or me?



***
* Webwaves is a word I invented to describe regular programming via the internet. I just know it will catch on.

**  It was a gorgeous and surprisingly warm fall day. The elements were:
  • Unseasonally warm temperatures that made me a little sweaty (I hope you don't mind that personal detail).
  • Full sunlight caused me to move my location several times.  Trees branches were casting surprisingly harsh shadows.
  • A light breeze was blowing my script around, causing me to go back to the house for more scotch tape, which caused me to sweat more, which made me wonder whether staying in the house and setting up the lighting might have been a better idea, and so on, and so on. 
 Then again, the halogen safety light I use is pretty hot stuff, too.

I can't wait for my first show in the snow, but I think George can.  I'll have to ask him.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails