Friday, October 22, 2010

Actually, more like whelmed

NLTFridayEditionIf the Texas Rangers can take down the dreaded New York Yankees…

If the Texas Rangers can go to the World Series…

If the Texas Rangers can be the biggest sports story in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, outshining and stealing the headlines from the Cowboys…

Then the least I can do is plan a special Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus – World Series Special. It will hit the webwaves* as soon as the Ranger’s opponent is determined.  No, the Gurus won’t  pick the winner of the Giants-Phillies clash. That’s too easy.

Of course the Giants are going to win.
***
So why wait to pick a World Series winner now if I already know it’s going to be the Giants playing the Rangers, you ask? Just to tantalize you. You like it when I tantalize, don’t you?

Don’t you?
***
I need to be careful about over-promising video shows for the webwaves.* It's not that I get overwhelmed by making them, but I don't need villagers chasing me with torches like in the original film version of Frankenstein if I don't manage to get it together.

As the saying goes, "I hate when that happens."
***
Actually, the word baseball has two Bs. That would make it a word that ventriloquists w1ould say… sucks.  I’ll see how George prefers  saying Thase-thall or face-fall, or some combination of those.

Got a feeling it’s not going to be pretty.
***
* Webwaves is the coolest word I’ve made up yet.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails