Friday, September 24, 2010

Great gridiron gridlock, Batman!

I know that you're all thinking:
"Are we at Gridiron Gurus* gridlock?"
"Has the budding ventriloquist bugged out on 'ball?" 
 "Why does the sun go on shining? Why does the sea rush to shore?"
Please, it's not the end of the world.

I am discovering that planning ahead for taping Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus is quite time consuming. And, actually practicing ventriloquism is eating up time. Yes, it is ironic that, after a year and over 250 posts, I'm finding out only now that becoming competent at ventriloquism comes with blood, sweat, and tears.

But they are tears of joy. Or at least, they are tears of "hey, this is less painful than I thought and worried it might be." (Perhaps I should shorten that up to the acronym HTILPTITAWIMB, if you're into the whole brevity thing.)
***
This is the 251st post.  That's a prime number, and I'm really wanting to be back to celebrating in prime number rhythms. But, alas, I am not ready to do a big rundown of the how many visitors and all the other traditional celebration statistics that I would role out.

So I am committing to a giant, blowout milestone celebration on post 257.  Mark your calendars.
***
Budding Ventriloquist fun fact:  My house number is 1303. That's a prime number. 


Strange you say? Yes, but true.
***
Another future post will discuss the amazing and startling international interest in this blog. Just look at my flag counter. In the last month, more than a dozen new countries have visited my blog. 

I blush that I can say that. BV is truly part of the world wide web.

I have fallen hopelessly behind in honoring my new visitors. The search is on for ventriloquist information from very place from the Dominican Republic to Vietnam to Tunisia and Morocco.

But I love the hunt. Just talking about it is getting me psyched.  Game on!
***
* Officially, the title of the show is Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus, or BVPGG.  This is to differentiate BVPGG from what appears to be several dozen pretenders that also post video presentations of their picks online under the name Gridiron Gurus.

Curiously enough, BVPGG stars myself and George, who is, by definition, a puppet. So BVPGG is my actually be the only Gridiron Gurus series that doesn't have a dummy.

Remember, I am the only ventriloquist picking NFL games by video on the web.  I own the niche.

Note to Jeff Dunham: I'm wondering... buying any niches these days?  Let's do lunch.

Note to Terry Fator: You're a Vegas guy. It would fit you even better.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails