What's in the rich stew pot of The Vent Channel's all new fantastic fall season?
Maybe a better question is... What isn't! When you've had your share of home improvement shows and crazed chef cooking shows, check out these new entries into the wonderful world of Television as only The Vent Channel does it:
- Budding Outlaw - Jimmy Smits stars as a former Supreme Court justice who resigned his seat on the bench to fight for justice while trying to hide and escape his dark ventriloquism past.
- America's Got Idol: Three ventriloquists and their dummies act as judges. In the first round, contestants must get 4 our more votes from the six to move on.
- Parts of Evidence: Dana Delany stars as a former ventriloquist turned Medical Examiner who solves crimes using the mechanical parts of ventriloquist dummies as crime solving tools.
- Hawaii Ten-O - You guessed it, Steve McGarrett, Dano, Chin Ho and the team are back, and they're busting the bad guys with chatty little friends that have springs and wires in their head. Double the team, double the crime-stopping force.
- Law and Order: BVU (Budding Ventriloquist Unit) - In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by three separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime, the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and ventriloquists. These are their stories.
- The Vampire LeVent - The Vent Channel's obligatory vampire show, done as musical comedy with lots of kissing. Episodes are in black and white, with a hint of olive green. Can a vampire dummy be killed with a wooden stake? Tune in and find out.
- Budding Ventriloquist Presents Gridiron Gurus - Dan Bushman and George Budding talk football and smack thought the NFL season, picking the winners 100 percent of the time. Sort of. Almost.
The last show on the list (BVPGG) can be viewed online 24/7. Watch the premiere episode and get great insider information from and about Dan and George at GridironGurus.Com. (Actually, you'll be able to get to the links of all the shows, but I'm still making up "great insider information." Trust me - It'll be there.)
In conjunction with the honor of announcing the new Law and Order spin-off, Budding Ventriloquist is thrilled to announce that actor Sam Waterston is being added to the "face that belongs on a ventriloquist dummy" list. The salt and pepper hair, the black eyebrows, the furrowed brow, and the great smile are what the V Face List is all about.
Congratulations, Sam. I heard your show was pretty good, too. Too bad it was cancelled before it really got rolling. Wish I could have remembered when it was on. Maybe I'll get the DVDs through Netflix - it's the least I can do.