Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Middle East - The final ventriloquism frontier?

Since Budding Ventriloquist went international (the Budding Ventriloquist Winter Olympic Coverage TM, remember?), there's been visitors from all over the world. I've worked to greet all the countries with some history and a look at the ventriloquism scene there.

But there's an area of the world that stumps me, so I am making this post a big greeting and a plea:

ترحيب بي الشرق الأوسط والدول العربية الصديقة ، لمدونة المتكلم من البطن الناشيء. من فضلك قل لي كل شيء عن المتكلمون من البطن كبير من دولكم.
Welcome my Middle East and Arab friends, to the Budding Ventriloquist Blog.  Please tell me all about the great Ventriloquists of your nations.
You see, months and months ago, I got a hit from Bahrain, a small island nation in the Persian Gulf that my research shows to be very modern with a modern nightlife. However, I was able to find no Bahrainian ventriloquism scene.

When I got a hit from the Dubai, United Arab Emirates, I was so psyched. I thought, "It's Dubai. They've got an indoor ski hill in the middle of the desert. They have to have ventriloquists. Of course they have ventriloquists."

But - no.

Then, there as a hit from Saudi Arabia. Then several from Saudi Arabia.  I am now covinced I have a single  regular reader from Saudi Arabia.  That I can even think that amazes me. Are you really just one person?

But still, an Arab ventriloquist alludes me.  So I make this pledge:
The first person who sends me an Arab ventriloquist video will go on the inaugural list of Budding Ventriloquist free merchandise giveaways, when I actually have Budding Ventriloquist merchandise. The first BV baseball cap is all yours!
Send the information to bushmandaniel@gmail.com.

The bounty is set, hunters.  Go for it.
***
To Jeff Dunham fans:  Sorry, Achmed the Dead Terrorist doesn't count.
***
While I'm talking about BV's international appeal, I want to point out that there has also been a hit from Taiwan. However, there has not been a single hit from mainland China.

I feel honored that the BV message is obviously being blocked from a billion-plus people by a censoring totalitarian regime. Not everyone can say that.

If your message is worth being censored, it's worth being heard. And if your lips aren't moving....

I'll get back to you with the rest of this, as soon as I figure out what I'm talking about.
***
There's a joke about a Arab woman ventriloquist wearing a burqa. You really couldn't see her lips move...

Okay. I'll keep working on it.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails