Saturday, May 1, 2010

Up, up, and (not quite) away

Dear NASA and President Obama:

Will it ever end?

I know from somebody who knows somebody that with the healthcare thing behind you, the manila folder with those four sweet letters "VISP" were getting to the top of the stack.  And with lots of talk about what NASA was going to do next going on, I could close my eyes and imagine waking up to Ann Curry turning to Meredith and Matt and say, "NASA is sending a ventriloquist into space."

Then I heard the news of the huge NASA science balloon crash in Australia. What a bummer.

I have to admit, when I first heard the story, and with my hearing not being perfect, I thought the announcer said that NASA crashed a "huge buffoon." But you wouldn't have already picked someone before me, would you?

Which just raises another question: I'm not going to have to go in a balloon for any reason, am I? That sounds dangerous.

I probably shouldn't tell you that my hearing isn't perfect, either. But I'm making up for that by making my ventriloquism much better. You can count on that.

And finally, I think Ann Curry is the best. If you have any say in the matter, I think she'd be a perfect media relations person for the program if you can pry her away from NBC.

Keep me posted.

Sincerely,


Dan Bushman
Budding Astronaut
Budding Ventriloquist
American




No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails