Friday, May 7, 2010

NLT... Late Night Notes

Just some quick notes:

  • By my counter, Budding Ventriloquist has had 3,000 hits as of today. I’ll have all the cool math analysis worked out when I run the big Bicentennial (200th) post that’s coming up soon. For now I’ll just say that considering that in the history of baseball, only 27 players had 3,000 hits. I’m feeling pretty darn special.
  • Much to my surprise, France visited Budding Ventriloquist! I’m already working on a solid tribute to French ventriloquism and have found so many videos on youtube, I’m going to be challenged to pick.
  • What I and the French people have in common: We both have a strange fascination with the comedy of Jerry Lewis.
  • What I and the French people don’t have in common: I think the Jerry Lewis of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis was funny, they think the post Dean/Jerry Jerry was funny.
  • What the French and I really don’t have in common. I’m right about when Jerry Lewis was funny. They’re wrong.
  • France had no interest in the Budding Ventriloquist Winter Olympic Coverage. But due to my German heritage, I hold no grudge. Really. Honest. You believe that, don't you?
  • I’ve been working on being nicer about my fellow human beings. It seems to be built into my German DNA that I have a hard time thinking of the French as my fellow anything. But I’m going to give it a go in the spirit of being an ambassador of goodwill in the ventriloquist community. That and I’m hoping if I write a good tribute piece, one of them will send me some free wine. Or cheese. Or both.
Bon jour.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails