Monday, December 7, 2009

Pick-turesque

Towards the end of October, I took the lead in our family NFL Pick'em pool. And I am happy to post that I have now held it ever since. Even picking a few boners this week, I will still have a solid lead. My teenage son is baffled at my consistency, week in and week out.

With a 4 game lead over my wife, and 8 to 14 games ahead of the rest,  I'm feeling pretty cocky about it. It may have something to do with avoiding having to go to my back-up plan: to ask my dummy who he'd (or she'd) pick if I dropped out of the lead.

Now it looks like I and my regular readers (both of you) will have to wait until next year to find out what my dummy (or monkey) knows about football.

I am really curious how he feels about the whole Bart Favre thing. If my dummy's a Viking fan, I'm going to be - pardon my French - pissed.
***
Brent Favre? Bert Favre? You know, that guy who used to be a great guy when he played for the Green Bay Packers.  I know... Benedict Favre.

Not that I have any strong feelings about this or anything.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails