Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nice Surprise

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,

Eight Fans Applauding

Seven Monkey Puppets
Six Hours Practice

Five Funny Jokes

(Ja)eff Dunham Tickets,
Three Good Springs,
Two Moving Eyebrows,
And a full-sized ventriloquist dummy.
***
Shopping in the bookstore in downtown Hudson, the young lady working there asks, "Are you Dan Bushman?"

After I answer yes, she says, "I'm Jayna. I follow your blog."

While I have to say I never thought I would hear those words, my wife was even more stunned. "What?" she said from a couple shelves over in the small shop.

To explain, Jayna is the daughter of old friends from my cub scout leader days and wife of a fellow at my company. She also popped up as the third person to be officially a follower of this blog.  Jayna's also a new mom of a beautiful baby, Isabel, and the author of the very nicely-done blog with the unusual name Chevyface that chronicles her momhood.

I guess there was a reason we went shopping downtown in our little town rather than to the big box stores today. Over time, the date Christmas spirit strikes me gets later and later. This year I really needed a jump start. We ran into people we know in the little stores, and in the case of the bookstore, I ran into a new friend.

And I think I'll smile now though Friday.
***
Thank you, Jayna, for giving me a nice surprise, a good laugh, and (little did you know) the jump start to some holiday spirit for me. Isabel's got a good mom. She's a kind lady, for sure.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails