Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hearing voices

A proper salute goes to my young friend Alicia (pronounced A-leeeeeeee-SHA), whose senior vocal recital At the University of Wisconsin - River Falls made for a delightful Friday evening.

Beautifully dressed and with a beaming smile, Alicia pointed her mezzo soprano voice at classical numbers in Italian, English, German, and, um, English. Although I know nothing of classical music, I think I know bad notes from good notes. All good notes, Alicia.

I realized as I watched her sing what a resource she could be. I'm betting she could teach me a lot about voice control, a vital talent in ventriloquism.

Next time I see her, I'll have to ask her if she ever tried to sing an aria without moving her mouth.

Um,  I probably should find a little better conversation starter.
***
Actually, how lucky I am to have such a talented friend. Fear not, Alicia. I won't draw you into this wacky ventriloquism madness. Unless you want to, of course.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails