Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Episode None

Be sure, this is not the pilot of the series. This is not even a teaser to the pilot to the series.

This video represents a number of firsts.  It is:
  • The first prescripted video I've made. And considering I sank about 10 minutes into script development, it is quite remarkable.
    • You will want to make remarks, I guarantee it.
  • The first attempt I've made to understand the intracacies of my flip camera.
    • It said on the packaging, "Do not attempt to film a remake of Gone With the Wind with this device."  You will find this hard to believe when you see the quality.
  • The first time I've had to figure out lighting for a video. You will notice this too.
  • My first post with any kind of video.
    • Pretty cool that it's me, isn't it?
    • Would you believe I was really shooting for "quaint"?
Hold on to your socks and press the play button!


***
Okay, I know. It's really bad. A technical and comedic disaster. It was one minute and 11 seconds of your life you will never get back. Sorry about that.

But it's a start. Consider this a true, pure trial balloon; a technical run; a flight of fancy; a test. Consider this the benchmark to judge all the video efforts I will post on this blog, and to judge my ventriloquism, and to judge my jokes.

Remember, the space shuttle blasts off from ground zero; so do most things. Or as my friend Steve from Ventriloquist Central said when I started this blog, "We all started somewhere."
***
Rather than spend the last few posts of 2009 doing more retrospective chit-chat, I'm opting to forge ahead and post prepwork of sorts for what I think is going to be an outstanding 2010. I have a commitment for a gig next December, by the way. For real! I'll explain what it is sometime soon.

All I have to do between now and next December is learn how to do ventriloquism. And get a real dummy or two. And write material. And practice, practic, practice.

Piece'a cake.
***
If you go to Youtube and search on the words budding and ventriloquist, this video is the first listing. How cool is that?

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails