Towards the end of the get together I mentioned ventriloquism, and told my gang about the Dumpster, DPV TV show idea from a few days ago. I was actually surprised at their enthusiasm and suggestions, like:
- Maybe the ventriloquist detective really can't communicate without his dummy.
- The dummy definitely plays the genius.
- The whole split personality versus supernatural/paranormal is left ambiguous, a dangling piece of suspense.
- Maybe the show is just called Dummy, again ambiguous about whether that refers to the dumb detective or the dummy or both.
It was also a secret delight to watch my wife bury her face in her hands with a bit of, "OMG, will you stop encouraging him?" She was laughing, too.
* Late matinee = the latest show still allowing me to save a few bucks on the tickets, yet seem like I actually went out in the evening, too.
** Clear Lake, WI = a B movie psycho thriller. It's only attraction was that the actual town of Clear Lake, WI is only about 30 miles away, and the movie as at least partially shot there.
*** Beer up = a phrase I believe I just invented. I like it.