Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ventriloquism's relationship to other arts

A dear friend of mine, who I've share my ventroloquist dream with, quipped, "I'll be anxious to hear more, or would (wood) I have to read lips, hahahaha!"

My first reaction was to think, "No, my friend.  Ventriloquism is the direct opposite of reading lips." Geez, I think I'm getting a little too serious about this.

Then I started to ponder ventriloquism's place among the arts, lipreading being yet another fascinating one. Where does it fall?

Ventriloquism is to performing arts what Monet is to painting?
Ventriloquism is to performing arts what Bob Hope is to comedy?
Ventriloquism is to performing arts what Bruce Springsteen is to rock and roll?

or is it:

Ventriloquism is to performing arts what Texas Hold'em is to sports?

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails