Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Plural?

Another ponderous issue for me is, "When are ventriloquists referred to (or to themselves) in the plural?"

As I keep posting to this blog, I find myself bouncing between me/he talk and we/they talk.  And I don't think it's a matter of "the royal We" as in, "We're making corny jokes now, aren't we?"  I try to use gooder grammar when I write, so it's important for me to figure out the protocol and proper grammar on this.

Or is this part of the a mist in the slow transformation to the dual personality it takes to be a ventriloquist?

To that end, here's a little ditty for a person with dual personalities:

Pic-ture me
Upon my knee
With tea for me
And and me for tea
And me for me
And me for me
Alone....

Once again, I recognize anyone younger than 35 probably has no idea what tune it is. Here's a link to Doris Day singing Tea for Two so you know.  Another sign of age is that in a time when, if you type "booty" into the Youtube search, you could see some amazing visuals, I happy to see Doris showing off some mighty some nice gams (in still photos, nonetheless).

Go ahead. Say it. "Get a life."

I'm working on that. I want to be a ventriloquist.

And I'm making headway.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails