PFFFFFTTTTT!!!! Happy New Month! Weeeee-Hoooo! Everybody, with me, "Should old acquaint..."
In the last 31 days, I:
- Found myself with my first dummy! My wife would say that happened to her 24 years ago (Dan says as he attempts to make a "vent joke").
- Watched my wife both wonder if my dummy is going to say nasties about her and then bring me all the ventriloquist-related stuff the library has, including my little buddy. I guess there's a reason we've made it 24 years.
- Created a binder with a spine label that says "Ventriloquism" and started filling it up with good stuff.
- Made a friend who is actually one of the vent brethen.
- I have a feeling that the Ventriloquist Illuminati idea is in my mind to stay.
- Yes, you get to wear a funky hat, Steve. Even outside the meetings in the dank catacombs.
- Recorded about 30 minutes of how-to lessons and started listening to them on my morning commute.
- Could be better, but I was on the right track.
- Take Two will make them mighty fine.
- Had a different thought almost daily as to what "the Act" might be.
- Take note as I whisper this to you: I have kernels of a concept in my mind that is very fresh.
- Once I have enough kernels, I'll bend your ear.
- There's nothing corny about what I'm thinking.
- Found that I get laughs just talking about wanting to be a ventriloquist.
- So just imagining the possibilities when actually doing it brings a smile to me.
- I am getting a lot of "even crazier than we ever thought you were" looks. This, as the saying goes, is a good thing. I was beginning to lose my touch.
- Discovered having an old friend cheer you on means a lot.
- Posted something just about every day. That means I've done some writing just about every day. How good is that!
And oh yea - I kept my day job; So I got that going for me, too.