Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Kingdom for a Rubber Band!

My little buddy (he's growing on me, so "dummy" now seems a bit harsh) was made by the Juro Novelty Company and is dated 1968.

I was reading about dummies and how they should be a about as big as would fit a kids size 3-4.  I would put this guy at a 2-3 at the most.

I need to work on getting his mouth working smoothly. It's a pretty simple mechanism with a rubberband to automatically close the mouth after a pull string opens it.  But it does take the right rubberband.  The one that I put in is way too strong, so the mouth is too hard to work. Length is important as well.

I spent some of the day at work yesterday eyeing up rubber bands to experiment with.  I Think I got on some peoples nerves asking, "You going to use that?"

But, there's no "Thou shalt not covet thy co-workers office products" commandment, is there?

Is there?

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails