Friday, September 18, 2009

In the Studio - Morning Session

Using the sound recorder on my PC, setting up the little microphone by taping it to a coffee cup, my recording effort has started.  I am doing this for my own sake, but need to attribute my sources - great sources they are.

So far I've recorded sections from Dan Ritchard's book, Ventriloquism for the TOTAL DUMMY:
  • Relaxing the lips
  • Saying letters
  • Saying words
  • Mastering the W
  • Mastering the TH
  • Mastering the F
I'm satisfied with the sound quality so far.  I've had to start and stop several times. Past experience taught me not to be satisified with a stutter or stammer or a misformed word when being recorded - especially when you are going to listen to something over and over.  Why torture your self image by listening to a small mistake over and over?

I don't think anyone will be hiring me to do voice work, though a great dream of mine is to be the voice of, "Your telephone company brings you the correct time. It is Twelve... thirty-one... and ten seconds (BEEP)."

Yes, I have aspirations to do many things.

You may say that I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails