Saturday, September 19, 2009

The HR Ventriloquist?

Having MP3'ed my vent lessons, getting them all tagged so they will play in order on my MP3 player, I anxiously wait for Monday and the morning commute.  In the meantime, I think I'll enjoy the weekend, too.

I've been kicking around different ideas for my act.  Luckily, I am blessed with being a long-toothed greybeard in one of the sexiest, wickedly wacky, and most comical of all professions.  My job is laugh a minute, and everyone thinks it's a dream job.

No, I'm not a male prostitute.  I'm a human resources manager, silly.

And my current idea for my act is Manager Mike and the HR Guy.  The dummy would be Manager Mike (every HR person aches to call a manager a dummy), and I'd be his ever helpful advisor.

We'd do all the comedy in my job about firing people, investigating harassment complaints, getting people into rehab, scheduling flu clinics, researching new government regulations, lecturing managers about fair employment practices, begging managers to do their staff's performance apprasials on time, handholding people though the mountain of new hire paperwork and then benefits enrollment paperwork, fighting for truth, justice, and freedom...

On second thought, maybe there's bigger treasure troves of comedy. Let's see, my neighbor's a CPA; they're a hoot, aren't they?

No comments:

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails