Monday, August 31, 2009

Dummy thoughts

My binder is taking shape. It even has a label in its spine now. As any “binder guy” will tell you, that is one of the seven warning signs of commitment.

I seem to be encountering lots of people with piercings in their face today. It led me to think of a ventriloquist puppet/character that’s a young punker with long nails and wood screws sticking out of its face.

I’ll have to keep better track of what my kids say in today’s slang if I wanted to go that direction. My teenage daughter recently informed me that “Yeo dog, wassup in the house?” hasn’t been cool to say for at least 5 years now. And my teenage son always reminds me that I never sounded cool saying it, either.


I suppose "Gnarlie" is out, too? (I assume there is no correct spelling of that, is there?)

I'm thinking having any form of teenager as a partner is not the way to go. Why have someone else around sassing me?

(Sass: a word that my mother channeled to me. In use circa 1960 to 1980. Maybe my kids have a point about me not being . . .hip?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am satisfied to express that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I most indubitably will make sure to don?t forget this web site and give it a glance on a constant basis.

Check out my weblog - visit this site

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Thanks!

Look into my web blog Click the site

While you're still laughing, read this:

Related Posts with Thumbnails